Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/26 - 12/31  - I have arrived in San Luis Obispo - 2 hrs. north of Santa Barbara. The drive here was stunning!

 Mountains, verdant green landscape, and changing sky

I will be staying 6 nights at the San Luis Obispo hostel.  It is here where my prayer has been answered with the opportunity to do a work exchange for accommodations.  Perfect!  I imagined this and manifested it... YES!


To my great surprise, Elisa is here - my hostel mate in Flagstaff way back when. It feels wonderful to see her again for a couple nights before she heads on her way to San Francisco and then back home to Switzerland.

Last night before bed, I had inspiring chats with two ladies, Hannah and Mardy, who I'm sharing the women's dorm with. Creative exchanges and travel stories are always so invigorating!
Once again, it was a pleasure connecting with both of you.  Our discussion was right on que and meant to be! 

12/27 - So...... today was an intro to my hostel barter tasks for the next several days. Haven't done any cleaning for the last 4 months since I don't have a home to upkeep right now and haven't done much cooking either. I'm making up for it now.

This lovely hostel is located in a quiet neighborhood of lovely homes within walking distance to the main street where much is happening. Tonight I walked a few blocks with Elisa and Kurt to the Farmer's Market and bought some fresh organic veggies at much more affordable prices than I recall in CT.  Have you ever heard of an evening Farmer's Market?  I sure hadn't.  It was a good size market with several food and craft vendors lining the streets.  A community of folks listening to live music, children dancing, happy evening glow faces meandering about buying healthy produce. Wonderful food aromas filling the air.  Great way to have family fun every Thursday night.  I bought some beets with great looking tops, a sweet gold cauliflower, 3 sweet potatoes, and 9 delicious dates - a treat to share with my friends. Tomorrow is my 2nd day as Cinderella so I best get to bed for a good night's rest.

12/29 - I decided after spending so much emotional effort on trusting that I will manifest the funds required to repair my car, that I needed a break.  A time out!  So... I drove 1/2 hour up the amazing California coast on this day forecasted for rain to a mineral hot springs outdoor pool that folks at the hostel were talking about.  What?  It's only $7! was my reaction as minutes later I jumped in my car to head there.  If I judged appearance upon arriving, I would have turned immediately around to head back upon seeing the rundown looking campground, instead I decided to stay and check it out.  Despite appearance of this park, the mineral springs tub was in good condition, the perfect temperature and large enough to swim laps.  After about 1-1/2 hours of enjoyment - clouds, mist and light rain came to visit.  A little while later a downpour followed.  You would have laughed to have seen me racing out of the pool and scurrying over to the lawn chair where I left my clothes, to find them partially wet from the rainfall.  It was a challenge drying off and dressing into semi-wet clothes in the cold outdoor bathroom stall. Leaving naked would have been easier and a lot more comfortable.  Thank goodness  for my car heater and a nearby Starbucks a few miles down the road where a good ole hot Chai Latte warmed me right up.

12/30 - playing Cinderelly - barter exchange cleaning at the San Luis Obispo hostel.  Now that I know the routine, 6 hrs. of cleaning are becoming 4. Thank goodness!  Well....that's my exciting day.

12/31 - New Year's Eve Reflection
From January-mid August 2012:

*Worked full-time as a receptionist/administrative assistant at an amazing non-profit organization "High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc." in Connecticut where I met a lot of wonderful people and horses, learned a lot, gave a lot, received a lot, and shared a lot over a 10 year period.
*Lived a mere 15 min. from work down a lovely country road.
*Lived within 30 min. from my 2 sisters and 40 minutes from my parents and brother.
*Lived on the opposite coast from my son who is following his creative dreams in CA.
*Enjoyed an ample one room abode over a garage with an awesome view of stunning land in the foreground, 2 lighthouses, marsh, and river in the background - walking trails through woods, open meadow, private beach, incredible sunsets and starry nights.
*Lived a barter rental arrangement taking care of 3 mini-donkeys and a black lab for a generous husband and wife who are conscious land stewards.
*Embraced deep enduring friendships with a small precious pod of local sacred kinship soul sisters.

From mid August thru December year end:

Embraced change.
Surrendered the familiar and predictable.
Let go of a seemingly secure life.
Traded in a busy, multi-tasking life for a sweeter, slower pace.
Swapped mediocre for enriched vitality.
Listened to my heart.
Followed my spirit.
Engaged intuition.
Catapulted forward.
Trusted the unknown with faith, trust and courage.
Manifested my burning desire to travel.
Drove solo across country.
Explored my passion for new adventure.
Activated my Will.
Strengthened my confidence.
Cultivated self-reliance.
Honored my free spirit ~ Set my inner gypsy free.
Unleashed my Joy
Nourished my passion of meeting new people and new lands.
Enriched my love for the earth.
Celebrated wonder and awe.
Empowered my openness and intuition.
Dedicated myself to what matters most.
Actualized my dreams.


IT'S BEEN A GRAND YEAR
of deep gratitude
soul diving
conscious choice
wonderful surprises
and proactive purpose










No comments:

Post a Comment