Friday, December 14, 2012

12/11-12/13/12

On the road again... Leaving Arizona and heading to CALEEEEEFORNIA!!!!!  WOWZA! 
215 miles later, I've crossed the border at long last! Did a happy dance in my car to celebrate my having made it!  

So, here I am in Desert Center, a meeting place to connect with dear friends, Floyd & Melissa, who I haven't seen in 3-1/2 years. Floyd, Melissa and I were part of a monthly intensive higher consciousness healing group for three years when I lived in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Going on 6 years now, my dear friends have been traveling the nomadic life, living most contently with earth and sky on various sacred lands of AZ, CA, and UT ~living very affordably/off the grid thanks to their compact trailer and the Bureau of Land Management.  I am thrilled that we have reconnected!   In 2012, Melissa and Floyd enjoyed exploring/living in 54 different locations and spent $624 on basic necessity costs.  A solar panel provides electricity and a good ole shovel is a close friend. Using the outdoors as a bathroom is more scenic than any indoor bathroom I've ever seen.  Only nomadic adventurers at heart with a focused goal on living a simple life desire to live this way.  I admire their choice!  They are living life in a way that I am considering.

Here's the town of Desert Center.  When making the arrangement with Floyd to meet here, he told me more than once that there was nothing there other than the Desert Center Cafe.  When I arrived, his words hit home.  There is nothing here.  It's desolate! The 24 hour gas station is abandoned, The cafe is even closed due to reconstruction.  The only action I saw during my 45 min. of waiting for Floyd, was the flag waving in the gentle breeze and 5 cars pulling up to the post office.  According to the post-mistress, 300 people live in this town.  WOW!


A few miles down the road from Desert Center is the area of Corn Springs.  It was an old mining town in the 30s, American Indian territory before that.  This is where I'll be camping tonight through Thursday morning.

 Floyd, Melissa and Sweet Ben

Melissa! You  make the 'bestest' salads!


 For anyone interested!
Melissa and Floyd are selling the coolest foldup 2-seater Sea Kayak
in excellent shape at an extremely affordable price!   
Will be listed on Craigslist.



More pics posted of "luscious living on the land" time
on my facebook album
entitled "Camping in Desert Center, CA"

No comments:

Post a Comment