Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12//4/12 - went to Grand Canyon today.  Hostel mate, Gwenael from France joined me on this expected 2-1/2 hr. drive from Flagstaff.  Focused on the Pueblo reservation homes along the way, we missed our exit extending our drive an additional 1-1/2 hours.

I sure wish I could find the words to describe the landscape leading to the Grand Canyon.  One side of the highway to the other offers dramatically different terrain.  Sometimes I felt like I was on another planet.... somewhere like Mars because of the rock formations, size, substance and colors.  Unlike anything I've ever seen before.  

Having a camera felt useless in attempt to convey this Grand Canyon Wonder.   It is bewildering to hear that there still exists a Pueblo Village living in the base of the canyon.  It just doesn't seem possible. 

Looking back on the photos I took seems like a dream. 
This Grand Canyon is thoroughly mind-boggling and awe-inspiring
Being in its presence is expanding the canyons of my mind.




More photos are on my facebook page in album entitled
Visit to Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment