Sunday, November 25, 2012

11/25/12 - Sunshine poured through the bedroom window.  Warm temperatures in late November is a southwest blessing and I am surely glad to receive it ~ so is waking up to the sounds of Mynza playing native american flute.  Like the drum, flute has a way of beckoning me forth into the depth of sacred sound which spirals into the canyons of my mind and the fibers of my heart.

As I began telling Ann and Mynza about always wanting to play flute, Ann held a native american flute up to my mouth and I began to bond with it and play.  I'm now on the lookout for a flute to join me on my journey.

Feeling way too white skinned these days, I decided the outside hammock was the place for me.  An hour later I have a little sun glow and feeling lighter, brighter and more whole.

Off for an outing now with Anne and Mynza to explore the red rocks.  Packing up drum, flute, and rattles we're on our way.  Climbing the terrain up, down and through, navigating step by step brought us to a cave.   It is Sunday and it seems to me that our time with the land today was what I call Church Without Walls. Together we united in the gift of being present with the earth that is our body and the air that is our spirit.  Sitting within a cave, the three of us are spirited and open-hearted in our willingness to offer our creativity to the sacred ground that we are sitting upon; so begins our collaborative expression.  Weaving voice and vision we are one with this precious planet seeding goodness for the balance of all concerned.

There's a feeling of gladness
throbbing in the heart of one
a thank you from the sacred core
for spreading our radiance
contributing the creative gifts
that are in us to share.



More photos are posted on my facebook page in Album called Sedona.

No comments:

Post a Comment