Thursday, November 22, 2012

11/22/12 - Today marks the beginning of my new and continued blog.  
THANK YOU ~ Albuquerque hostel sister Rory for assisting me!


Thanksgiving is buzzing in the air and the turkey is in the oven.  Thanksgiving dinner is being provided compliments of the wonderful and generous hostel staff and guests.

Another hostel mate just arrived, Nicolene from Denmark.  She's traveled to Chicago, San Francisco and San Diego, worked for a month in Ohio for the Obama campaign and heading next to New Orleans.

Given its Thanksgiving, my curiosity asks Korie about whether they celebrate something similar to this day of tradition in S. Korea and discover that they have a similar concept called Chuseok celebrated the middle of September. Families gather to give thanks for all the foods they harvest during the year.  They cook together, enjoy the meal and play games. 

Across from me sits Nicolene speaking to her Dad in Denmark explaining to him today's US holiday via Skype.  I just love listening to Nico speak Danish . There is an abundance of things I am grateful for and one is Skype which allows people all over the world to connect with one another without cost.

Speaking of gratitude, since August I've been looking forward to posting the below image that I photographed in Connecticut. Driving from Old Lyme to Salem,  I was stopped in my tracks at the sight of this image and now I will share it with you.

 
May we ALL
STOP in our TRACKS
to COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!

Today and Always, 
I meet you in the sacred space of love and gratitude!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

~ A couple quotes just shared from my son ~

Vietnamese saying, 
Your way of giving is more important than what you give


It is not what we give, but what we share
for the gift without the giver is bare.   -James Russell Lowell

 



No comments:

Post a Comment