Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/24/12 - 12/26/12 - I spent the holiday with my friend Christina and her housemate Carol in Santa Barbara. Because it rained most of the days I visited, our sightseeing was limited to 2 afternoons.  I saw a lot in 2 days.  Stunning Santa Barbara architecture - Spanish Mexican building design with red tile roofs that I adore. Still trying to comprehend that flowers are in CA winter bloom.


The last 10 years, I've celebrated Christmas in CT with my son and loads of family fun of all ages, homemade feasting and winter wonderland weather. A traditional New England Christmas with all the trimmings.  I've never much considered myself traditional in the past, although this year I discovered that I am fond of my family's tradition and several times imagined myself there.

During my holiday visit, I attended a Santa Barbara party - not much of a party person, but went along anyway.  My favorite part of the evening was joining a small group in a back room singing a medley of songs accompanied by an excellent accordian player.  That was great fun! Did a little window shopping and strolled about in child-like wonder in awe of the festive Christmas lights.   Attended 3 uniquely glorious holiday church services, including a midnight service on Christmas Eve. Watched Christmas movies and ate dinner out at a Chinese Restaurant.  All in all a different holiday than past years.

Thank you Christina (Moon Goddess) for all the ways you extended yourself 
to ensure a wonderful visit!
 

 

 Thank you Carol for accommodating me in your sacred living space. 


As I finished writing this blog post, Spirit reminded me that this journey I am on is about the power of change, and that means exploring new experiences.  My holiday visit with Christina and Carol was just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment