Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12/18/12 - It's been cold and rainy here in Valencia, CA (oh yeah... it's winter).  Evenso, I've had a wonderful time visiting my son ~ cooking meals, eating well, watching movies, listening to great tunes, working on creative computer projects. We love hunkering down doing things we enjoy together.

Thank you Eitra for sharing your personal space (look forward to seeing you in the New Year!)  
Thank you Kelly and kitties for sharing your home!

Eitra & Lady Charlie


Shortly after taking this photo of Eitra and Charlie, it was time for me to get on the road again.
Saying so long to my boy is never an easy thing to do.  My heart loves him SO MUCH!
The words goodbye are not fitting, and even though I say Aloha my heart knows what's coming next- time to let go and trust. Instinctively, my hands speak for my heart as I begin moving the end of my index finger, creating an imaginary drawing on the surface of my son's beautiful face:  red and white striped ribbon spiraling along his forehead and twirling into spirals along his cheeks, a christmas tree at the tip of each eye, red dots along his nose with a yellow star at the top (for many a year I drew one big red dot at the end of his nose like Rudolph), lightly brushing tiny gold and silver sparkles on his eyelids, adding two dangly golden christmas ball earrings (no gender discrimination) to remind him that he is and has always been a golden globe winner/recipient!  To top it all off  an angel's kiss in the crevice of his chin.  I often did this creative playtime ritual when Eitra was a little man just before bed. What a special moment here and now to creatively express with the power of child-like joy the forever love between a mother and child ~ so many delightful memories to spark, rekindle, and cultivate!  Pretty cool too that playtime like this requires no paints and no cleaning up. 


May all the children of the world be honored with the Power of Love
and celebrated by the Art of Pray & Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment