Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/28/12 - Sitting in a Sedona cafe, semi-filled with people munching, chatting and staring at laptop screens like me.  The last of the sun's golden glow is fading below the horizon. It's nearly 6 p.m. and my body is still adjusting from years of being acclimated to east coast time.  6pm feels like 9pm. 

Being in this field of energy 3 days is plenty. I acknowledge by imprint of Sedona and intend to move on tomorrow. The land of red rocks speaks to me strongly, the town on the other hand does not --- way too commercial.  Didn't visit the major tourist spots. My greatest connection was driving up and down the roadways beholding and breathing in the sacred mountain majesty that illuminates this place. The drive into and out of Sedona along Oak Creek Canyon is way beyond awesome!  Looking forward to that tomorrow morning.

This afternoon I decided to take a drive out of town to visit Tuzigoot National Monument - a partially restored Indian pueblo built around 1100 AD.  A prehistoric culture that once flourished as one of the largest in the Verde Valley. The rooms are empty now but they were once filled with hard work, play, laughter, crying, solemn meetings, joyful celebrations.  The people here were part of a culture archeologists call Sinagua, although no one knows to date what they named themselves. 


From there, I drove 40 min and then 8 miles at 5 mph along a gravel road to Palatki Cultural Site to view the cliff dwelling and rock art.

The passage of time
so evident here


walls and walkways preserved


ruins still standing


 footprints upon footprints
icons and images

 

spirits whispering from long ago


The tide of evolutions turning
expressing itself 
 

contributing to the story
of eons upon eons

                                  the journey goes on....



I've been on the road now over 3 months and 2 weeks.
I celebrate that I have shared my journey in writing since it began. 
I acknowledge the dedication of staying up as late as it takes
to fulfill this personal commitment day-by-day. 
 Blogging has become my expression of gratitude
and closure of each day.


At the very same time
tuning into my body this night
I also acknowledge a lag these past couple days
 perhaps it comes from indecisiveness
the surrender to whatever is next.
Perhaps it is the growing sensation
that imminent change is beckoning me.
A day when blogging will give way
 to writing a book
and designing a traveling workshop
to sustain my nomadic life on the road.
The calling of my soul's deepest longing
to travel and share my creative gifts.


*

I bid thee goodnight.


More photos are posted on Facebook in my Sedona album.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment